A man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life. – Charles Darwin
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful New Year and to kick this year off I will be giving you the recipe to something called Chocolate Salami. Yes…you read that right. It’s a sweet, chocolaty, crunchy, delicious n0-bake dessert. There are many variations of this dessert, some with egg some without, some with raisins and some without…others with brandy or some other liquor. This dessert is so versatile and easy that once you learn how to make it, you will be able to mix it up any which way you desire. This is my family’s recipe (without egg). I think this is the most addicting sweet thing that I have eaten…haha anyway, here it is:
Chocolate Dessert Salami:
250 g butter
200-250 g digestive biscuits
Handful of walnuts
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp water
1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, crush cookies and walnuts into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, on low heat, melt butter until it is melted. Add cocoa powder, sugar, and water. Heat mixture, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Pour the chocolate butter over your cookies and nuts and mix together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Pour your mixture onto lightly greased cling wrap and roll into a salami shape. Place in freezer for a minimum of 2 hours or better yet overnight.
- Thaw for 20-30 minutes before serving.
So simple, so unique, and so frickin tasty! Have fun making, eating, and testing out your own versions of this delectable dessert!