My fiance makes some pretty delicious nachos! He takes his nachos very seriously. I actually have never made him nachos because that is his domain haha. Today, however, I will be sharing a nacho recipe that I think he will approve of!
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips (I use restaurant style)
- 1 tomato, diced
- Jalapeno pepper, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small avocados (or 1 large one), diced
- 1.5 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1.5 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- other 1/2 of onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chili beans
- 1/2 cup hot water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cooked 1/2 the onion in some olive oil until they become translucent. Add your ground beef and break it up into chunks. Cook the meat until it is entirely browned. Next, add your seasoning: paprika, cumin, salt & pepper. Stir it all together. Add 1/2 cup of hot water along with your chili beans, stir and let simmer on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the other half of the chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt & pepper in a bowl. Now you have pico de gallo.
- Construction of the nachos: Place a layer of tortilla chips followed by your ground beef mixture and half of the cheeses (about 1/4 cup of each). Then another layer of tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, and the rest of your cheese.
- Next, either microwave the nachos in 30 second intervals or place in a 350 C until cheese has melted.
Serve immediately along with the pico de gallo!