A new semester is coming up fast – 2 months! Registered for my 5 courses and 2 labs! Oh boy, this will be quite a challenge! I guess it will keep me occupied. Until then, soaking up the freedom of 3 classes and 1 lab…
Coming up: Chemistry + Lab, Biology + Lab, Psychology, Mathematics, and an Asian Studies class on Tea! What. A. Combo! Haha. That tea class is going to be phenomenal.
To be honest, I have never taken such a work load before. I mean, I’ve been busy with 4 courses and labs before but never 5 courses plus the labs…we shall see how that ends up going! With appropriate planning, I am sure it will be manageable. I will be in school every single day of the week (excluding weekends, of course) and every day will be until 5 pm except Friday. Fall will be rainy and grey and dark, that always makes it hard to fight the early morning tiredness and trek out to class. But the grey sogginess is good when I am home, it will be cozy and easy to focus on studies.
I figure it this way: study now and be proud of myself later.
Study while others are sleeping; work while other are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.
William A. Ward
My Top 5 Study Beverages:
- Tea (iced or hot)…this one is not surprising, tea is good for any occasion haha
- Hot mulled apple cider…during the fall, I sometimes find myself reaching for a hot mug of aromatic apple cider
- Fresh fruit infused water…it’s refreshing and hydrating and fruit gives the water a touch of flavor, which makes it less “meh” – sometimes I like to jazz it up by using sparkling water/tonic water/club soda and squeezing a citrus fruit in it
- Fresh juice…I have a juicer and I like to make myself a carrot and apple juice, it’s tasty and very healthy
- *occasionally* I like a cold coke…usually when I am feeling bummed about studying/have been studying a lot and want to indulge in pop drinking
Notice there is no coffee in my list of study beverages – I very rarely drink coffee. I know, it’s weird…doesn’t everybody drink coffee? Haha, but I can easily go without coffee and actually prefer not to drink coffee – just isn’t my thing. There are some occasions that I do like a mug of joe. Some days are definitely, undeniably coffee days (or nights…when the exams get hairy). What is your favorite beverage for when you need to get stuff done (doesn’t have to be studies)? What about your favorite pick-me-up snack?