Phew. I am finally through with my exams. Hello world!
I know that I don’t normally write posts like the one today but, I was combing through products I have used up and decided to go on a hunt for the new items I needed. Okay, okay, most items I needed, others I simply wanted – no judging. Every few months I do a cleansing of things I own followed by a shopping trip to restock my essential day to day products. So, I would like to share those finds with you guys because think it would be unfair to keep such good product discoveries to myself hehe.
If you remember, I wrote a post about taking better care of my skin. In that same post I had mentioned I was trying to go with more natural products, which is surprisingly hard to do on a budget…or so I thought. If you live in Canada, you know of a store called Winners. If you are in the US, the stores comparable to Winners would be Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I actually really enjoy stores like Winners because you can find high-end brands for a very good price.
I have a Winners in my neighborhood but, for as long as I can remember, the store has been a mess. Not only is it a literal mess, the selection has always been hit or miss at this specific location. Some people tend to open products (and from what I’ve noticed it’s usually the better brands of which there is only one darn container left) and put them back on the shelf. Uh, hello? I am not buying an open and used item. Gross- no thanks. To the people who open products (such as face creams, body lotions, bath items, or hair products): Would you buy an item someone’s dirty little fingers were dipped into? No. Stop it.
Little rant aside, there is a new Winners location which opened up relatively close to my area. It is a clean, well-kept store and the selection is great! I hope it stays that way because it has been my holy grail for product finds. I have found products from brands which I know are really good quality, plus they sell everything for a fraction of the original cost. Great for the bank account and great quality? Yes, please. Here’s what I ended up purchasing:
- Out of Africa Lip Balm in the peppermint scent/flavor. It is 100% natural, free of any harsh chemicals, and it is cruelty free. I just ran out of my Blistex Lip Medex balm and this one looked interesting. I really like how it has been working for me so far. I think Blistex is really great as a heavier overnight healing treatment, but this new lip balm is better for bringing in my bag and applying during the day.
- Argan Oil dry shampoo in the original formula. I cannot find it online, so there is no link. However, it smells great, it works, it doesn’t leave my hair with a layer of white dust like other dry shampoos tend to do, and it isn’t tested on animals. I like it. Sometimes I have no time for washing and styling my hair in the morning making this product a game-changer.
- Sleep & Unwind essential oil by Olivia Care. I found the website, but there is no such oil on the site for some reason. Anyway, this oil is fabulous – we all know that I can use some extra help with sleep lately. It has a blend of soothing scents such as lavender, eucalyptus, and camphor. I use it in my bath water with some bubbles, however, it says it is safe for dabbing onto your pillow and for massages.
- Skinfood New Zealand Light Moisturizer Oh my goodness. I have been hunting for New Zealand products ever since I heard of their quality and affordability. This moisturizer is not only free of terrible additives, it is also full of incredible ingredients: Peach oil, Manuka Honey, Avocado Oil, Elderberry, Marshmallow Extract and Sweet Orange Oil. My skin sucked this moisturizer up in seconds. I love it.
- Skinfood Mud Masque Say hello to another amazing product. I used this while taking my bath and it left my face feeling airbrushed. No joke. This product is also totally shareable with your significant other. I have sensitive skin and finding a mask that doesn’t irritate my skin has always been a struggle for me, but I found a keeper. This mask contains: Rotorua Mud, Jojoba Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Spirulina, Lavender Oil.
- By Nature Firming Eye Serum Yet another New Zealand gem. I’m getting to that age where keeping the eye area well hydrated and looked after is really important, so I decided to give this one a go. It contains: Organic Rosehip Oil, Argan Oil and Collagen. I just tried it today and it does melt right into the skin (a little goes a long way) and it does make my eyes feel better. It’s all natural and, again, cruelty free. Lovely product.
- By Nature Replenishing Face Serum This smells great, it feels great, it leaves my skin visibly glowy and well hydrated. Finding something that is vitamin rich, moisturizing, and light enough to have to soak into my skin almost immediately is really hard (especially if I am looking for all natural products). Like the eye serum this has organic rosehip oil, collagen, and argan oil, but it also has aloe vera. I am very pleased with this product.
- Dead Sea Elements Facial Wipes – sorry, no link again. I needed some new cleansing towelettes (super convenient for travel). I have never tried this brand before but the package claims these wipes are enriched with dead sea minerals. I do like how they make my face feel and they smell nice.
- W7 Eye Shadow Palettes in the shades called In The Buff and In The Night: Up In Smoke. Both shadow palettes are super. I’ve been searching for an eye shadow palette and have heard of the W7 brand from England being a great dupe for the higher-end shadow palettes. It is really hard to find the W7 brand here in Canada (at least around my area) but I am glad I came across these two palettes (and for a darn good price). So far, I am very impressed. Thanks, Winners…haha!
What I love about all of the items I mentioned is that they are all cruelty free, organic, and sourced from nature (with the exception of the eye shadow). If you’re anything like me in terms of looking for wholesome products, I highly recommend you try some of these.
I am certain that I will be doing a good chunk of my skin care and bath/shower shopping at that Winners from now on. I’m impressed by the variety of great brands and, of course, the price point. Plus, I have come across several hard-to-find brands at the new location. I think my next trip will be a bath/shower run because I am running low on bubble bath ( a girl needs her bubbles).
Thanks for reading and hope you all have a lovely week!